Dr. Edith Rowles Simpson Family Finance Award
Call for Applications
Purpose. to support professional updating in the family finance area. The award is available to both individuals and to professional associations. It is designed for potential leaders in the field who will invest their knowledge and expertise in improving the quality of life for families
Eligibility. Individual applicants must be Canadian home economists or permanent residents with a commitment to work in the area of family finance and who plan to pursue their careers in Canada. Graduate students are eligible to apply; the committee would prefer applications for a specific project (e.g. attendance at a scholarly or professional conference related to family finance) rather than general applications to support graduate study.
Groups may be professional home economics associations, related professional groups, and/or groups of professional home economists who are working together to plan an event or conduct a project.
Value. For individuals, the amount of the award is up to $2000. For groups, the committee may award more than $2000, depending on the nature of the project. More than one award may be made as funds permit. Those applications unable to be funded by this award in the current year may be referred to the Canadian Home Economics Foundation General Fund.
Application – deadline June 30.
The application should include the following information:
* Name of applicant, and contact information (mailing address, telephone number, email address).
* Academic and professional background including degrees, diplomas and other academic qualifications as well as a listing of professional memberships and a brief resume of relevant work experience.
* Proposed professional development project (limit 1000 words) to include:
* Description of project seminar, conference, workshop, classes or other activity the applicant wants funded.
* Objectives of the proposed activities and anticipated benefits and outcomes of participation in terms of the objective of the Edith Rowles Simpson Recognition Fund.
* Budget, including proposed use of funds and identification of other funds sought or received.
* Schedule of activities including date funding is required and planned date of final report to committee.
* Include sufficient detail to enable the committee to evaluate the value of the project.
Applications should be submitted electronically as an e-mail attachment in WORD, RTF or PDF to Nancy Schneider, CHE Foundation Trustee at
The committee will assess the applicant's background and experience and the proposal in terms of the likelihood that the project will ultimately result in services and/or programs which will directly benefit families.